OverviewThe Leave of Absence (LOA) Report is an error report created to notify campus Benefits Administrators of employees who are on Leave of Absence with no Prepay balance and no enrollment into Benefits Billing. These errors will appear on the WED notifying credentialed users who need to research and take appropriate action.
- The Benefit Primary flag may need to change if the employee is actively working and getting paid under another Empl Rcd. (See: Rebuilding Benefits Primary Job Flags in HRS)
- Benefits Billing needs to be set up for employees who will miss payroll deductions and elect to continue benefits during leave. (See: Entering Benefits Billing Enrollments in HRS)
- Employees may stay on the WED LOA Report until the effective date of Benefits Billing enrollment.
- Payroll deductions will need to be reviewed to determine the effective date of Benefits Billing. (See: Review Paycheck Benefits Deductions Job Aid for HRS )
1. Log into HRS. Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.
2. Click on the UW_BN_LOA Error ID hyperlink.
- Note - there are additional filters available to narrow your list: Module, Priority, Business Unit, DeptID, and DeptID - Like.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Review Job Data to determine length of unpaid leave of absence or if the employee is working in another position.
a. If the Leave of Absence is less than 30 days, then no action is required.5. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
b. If the Leave of Absence is 30 days or greater, then setup the employee in Benefits Billing or lapse the insurances due to an unpaid LOA. (See: Entering Benefits Billing Enrollments in HRS)
c. If the Employee is actively working and getting paid under another Empl Rcd, then manually change the Benefits Primary Flag to the paid position. (See: Rebuilding Benefits Primary Job Flags in HRS)
6. Click the Home icon to return to the main WED page
7. OR click the Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
8. Upon successful completion of the Employee's error, the Employee will fall off the list the following business day.
- Entering Benefits Billing Enrollments in HRS
- Printing a Manual Benefits Billing Invoice in HRS
- Deduction Prepay Process (Part I: Deduct Money for Insurance in Anticipation of a Leave) in HRS
- Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table in HRS
- Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Review Benefit Enrollments in HRS
- Rebuilding Benefits Primary Job Flags in HRS
- Review Paycheck Benefits Deductions Job Aid for HRS
- Unpaid Leave of Absence
- Employee Benefit Checklist if going on a Leave of Absence
- Benefit Billing Process with Coverage Lapse Contact Provisions Chart