BN - WED - WRS Prior Service Mismatch
The WRS Prior Service Mismatch is an error report created to notify campus Benefits and/or HR Administrators of employees who have different values entered into their Previous WRS Local Service, Previous WRS State Service, WRS Before July 1, 2011 or Rehired Annuitant across more than one Employee Record (Empl_Rcd). These errors will appear on the WED notifying credentialed users who need to research and update the appropriate values.
- Benefit Administrators must complete a WRS Prior Service check to determine appropriate values prior to following the steps in this procedure. (See: BN - Looking up Prior WRS Service in ETFOne )
- If the data is being entered for a past effective date, return to the UW Benefits tab. Click Correct History and populate the required fields. Repeat process for every Effective Date and maximum Effective Sequence for each date for every Empl Rcd that has those fields blank. Click Save. If you do not have a Correct History role, open a WiscIt and assign it to your AG Group for resolution.
2. Click on the UW_BN_WRS_PRSVC_MISMATCH Error ID hyperlink.
Note - there are additional filters available to narrow your list: Business Unit, DeptID (1), DeptID - Like (7), Show Claimed, Show Completed.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Click Link to UW_BN_JOB_DATA
5. Note that the discrepancy in the Previous WRS Local Service, Previous WRS State Service, WRS Before July 1, 2011 or Rehired Annuitant fields between Empl Records. It is also important to review the Benefit Service Date for accuracy and make updates when appropriate.
6. Navigate to Work Location Tab. Click the + button to add a row.
- The Effective Date used must equal the hire/rehire date.
- You will need to enter an Effective Sequence equal to the current row +1. (i.e. current = 0, enter 1 in this field)
- Action = Data Change
- Reason = BN Eligibility Update
7. Click on the UW Benefits Tab and update the appropriate value into Previous WRS Local Service, Previous WRS State Service, WRS Before July 1, 2011 or Rehired Annuitant fields.
8. The Prior Service field will need to be updated as needed on each Empl Rcd. Click the Next in List and Previous in List buttons to navigate between Empl Rcd, and within each Empl Rcd click the right and left row buttons to find every Effective Date and maximum Effective Sequence of each date.
9. Click the Save button when all data has been entered on all records.
10. Close this window to return to the Error Query Summary Page.
11. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
12. Click Home link to return to the main WED page OR
13. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
14. Upon successful completion of the Employee's error and nightly updates, the Employee will fall off the list.
- UWSC Support - Get help from the UW Service Center Support Team
- RR - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- BN - Looking up Prior WRS Service in ETFOne
- BN - Benefit Primary Flag Assignment
- BN - Rebuild Primary Job Flag
- HR - WED - UW New Hire Hold Report
- BN - WED - UW_BN_INCORRECT_BENEFIT_SERVICE_DATE