WiscList (Advanced) - Adding Lists as Members (Hierarchies)
WiscList supports list hierarchies, where lists can be added as members to other lists. This document outlines the configuration that should be followed when creating hierarchies.
Configuring the Child List
The "Child" list is the list you want to add as a member of another list. The list it is being added to is called the "Parent" list. Configure the Child list by following these instructions.
- Log in to the WiscList ListManager interface. See WiscList - Advanced List Management (List Manager) for assistance.
- Verify the list you want to work with is selected. See WiscList (Advanced) - Working with Multiple Lists for assistance.
- Click Utilities in the left-hand navigational menu to open the Utilities submenu.
- Highlight List Settings to bring up another submenu, then click Basic Information.
- In the window that appears, click the Enable Features tab.
- Set Enable this list as a child list to Yes, allow postings through from other lists.
- Click Save.
- Allow non-members to post (WiscList - Allowing Non-Members to Send to List).
- Enable Cross-Posting (WiscList (Advanced) - Sending the Same Message to Multiple Lists (Cross-Posting)).
- Enable Archiving (WiscList - Enabling Archiving).
Note: If any of the above settings are not set correctly, you may encounter errors when sending to this list.
Adding a Child List to a Parent List
After creating the parent and child lists and configuring the child as shown above, you must add the child list to the parent list as a member. This is done the same way as adding normal members (see: WiscList - Adding a List Member or Administrator), using the email address email@example.com, where "listname" is the name of the Child list.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance.