Office 365 - Request "Out of Office" or "Vacation" message on behalf of another user
When the user of an account in question is not able to set the "Out of Office" or "Vacation" message due to multiple reasons, you can make the request on their behalf.
- If the account in question is a Service Account, direct the customer to contact their domain administrator.
- If the account is a NetID account and is hidden within the Global Address List (GAL), they must provide DoIT with the information below.
Please contact the DoIT Help Desk and provide them with the following information:
- Customer's full name.
- Customer's email address.
- Exact text of the message you want placed within the 'Out of Office' response.
- Start and end date.
- Message should be sent to internal, external, or both senders
- Reason for request.
- Supervisor contact information.