Office 365 - Request "Out of Office" or "Vacation" message on behalf of another user
When the owner of an Office 365 is unable to set the "Out of Office" or "Vacation" message on their own account, an IT administrator or HR person can make the request on their behalf.
- If the account that needs to have the "Out of Office" or "Vacation" message set to is a Service Account (email@example.com), direct the customer to contact the email domain administrator(s) of this domain.
- If the account is a NetID account (NetID@wisc.edu) and is hidden within the Global Address List (GAL), provide the information below to the DoIT Help Desk.
Please contact the DoIT Help Desk and provide them with the following information for the account the "Out of Office" or "Vacation" message needs to be set on:
- Full name.
- Email address.
- Exact text of the message you want placed within the 'Out of Office' response.
- Start and end date.
- If message should be sent to internal, external, or both senders
- Reason for request.
- Supervisor/HR contact information.