WiscVPN - Connecting with the GlobalProtect (PaloAlto) Client
This document describes how to establish a connection to WiscVPN with the GlobalProtect VPN client software on a computer running Windows or Mac operating systems.
Connecting to GlobalProtect
- Open the GlobalProtect client.
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7: Click on Start, Program Files (or All Programs) > GlobalProtect.
- Windows 8, 8.1, and 10: Press the Windows key to open the Start Screen, then begin typing GlobalProtect until you see the program appear below the search field. Click on the program to launch it.
- Mac OS X: Select the Spotlight in the top right corner or press the Command and Space keys at the same time and type GlobalProtect.
- The VPN Client will start.
- Type the following information below into the relevant fields:
- Portal: uwmadison.vpn.wisc.edu
- Username: NetID
- Password: NetID password
Disconnecting from GlobalProtect
- Opening GlobalProtect:
- On Windows, click on the Show hidden icons arrow in the lower right corner if the GlobalProtect icon is not already displaying in the system tray. Right click the icon.
- On Mac, click on the GlobalProtect icon in the top toolbar. It will look like a picture of the earth.
- Choose Disconnect.
- You are now disconnected from GlobalProtect.