WiscWeb - WordPress - Using the Media Replace Plugin
This document will walk you through using the Media Replace plugin for WordPress.
What is the Media Replace plugin?
The Media Replace plugin allows you to update a file and have all of the links within your site automatically update and point to the new file. WordPress does not have this functionality by default. It is useful when you have a media file that you update regularly and you don't want to update the links every time you perform the update.
To use the Media Replace plugin:
- Login to WordPress and access your site's dashboard. Click on Media.
- Locate the media file you want to replace. You can either click on Replace Media on the main Media screen or click on the file, scroll to the bottom and click on the Upload a new file button.
- You will have the option to:
- Just replace the file: This will delete the existing file and replace it with the new one that you upload to replace. All links to the file will be updated.
- Replace the file, use new file name and update all links: This will keep the existing file, but replace all usage of it with the new file you upload to replace it.
- Click Upload.