EEMBA Tablet Initiative - Your Personal Learning Environment
An introduction to the tools in your learning environment and how they interact with your device.
Home :: Knowing the Hardware :: Setting Up Your Device :: Working With Applications :: Your Online Resources :: Your Personal Learning Environment :: Support
Setting up your personal Learning Environment:After you have set up your device, added apps and performed other configurations, you will need to know how to integrate the technology into your own learning environment. The following articles will help you accomplish this.
- Download and save course materials:
In this article we included information on an "Ideal" workflow that allows you to download, save, annotate and share all kinds of documents from your class. We are assuming your instructor, MBA administration and teammates will share this information with you in your Canvas course site or email the documents directly to you. Take this as a guide to build your own custom system. You may develop variations of this workflow that work better for the way you learn.
Annotating Course Materials in Microsoft OneNoteOneNote allows you to import PDFs directly into your notebook, so you can draw and annotate directly on the document. To annotate follow these instructions:Using Chrome Browser:
- Navigate to the PDF you want to bring to OneNote.
- Click the Download button on the top right of the PDF bar
- Save the PDF to the desktop
- Open OneNote and Select the tab "Home" in the OneNote bar.
- Create and name a new page.
- Select the "Insert" tab on the OneNote bar.
- Click "File" in the Insert tab and select "Insert PDF Printout"
- Navigate to the Desktop and select the file you want to import and click Open. Depending on the file size it may take some time.
- Select the page you created with the PDF and click on the "Draw" tab
- The "Draw" bar will show you all the tools for annotating in the page.
- All your annotations will stay with the document.