How Can I Learn More About Advancement?
Staff and faculty in the College of Letters & Science can learn more about advancement topics using these resources.
- Join the L&S Advance (LSA) group. LSA is a service of the Office of Strategic Communications & Advancement in the College of Letters & Science, and offers several meetings a year for L&S staff and faculty regarding advancement topics in the areas of communications, alumni relations, fundraising, and stewardship. LSA meetings are organized by Alissa Karnaky, Director of Alumni and Donor Engagement, and Mary Ellen Gabriel, Director of Communications. Join the email list for LSA by emailing email@example.com.
- Sign up for the Advancement in Action email list. This quarterly email publication from the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association contains important updates for campus and notifications about upcoming Lunch and Learn meetings that cover advancement topics. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the list.
- Activate a free CASE membership. The Council for Advancement and
Support of Education (CASE) offers a number of rich resources for
professionals working in advancement and you may find it helpful to
browse their archives of publications and webinars for ideas and best practices. The University of
Wisconsin-Madison is a member of CASE, and all employees of UW Madison
are eligible to access CASE resources for free. To create an account, please
visit the CASE website and select “My institution is a CASE member, but I
have never had a CASE account. Create an account.”
- Review the documents on the L&S Administrative Gateway. This L&S resource can help you to navigate advancement topics with specific information that pertains to the college's unique placement in the university. View the list of topics.
- Familiarize yourself with Advancement Resources. This platform, owned by the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association, contains an extensive Stewardship Toolkit that outlines best practices and examples of great stewardship. It it also home to the Advancement Events calendar, and forms to request various services, along with information about other WFAA initiatives.