WiscVPN - Installing and Connecting the PaloAlto GlobalProtect Client (Chromebook)
This document will show how to download and connect to WiscVPN using the GlobalProtect App available on Chromebook Machines.
Installing and Connecting with the GlobalProtect App
- Navigate to the Google Play Store
- Search for the GlobalProtect App
3. Open the App
4. Upon opening the App you will be prompted to enter a portal address. Enter the portal: uwmadison.vpn.wisc.edu. Then click "Add Connection".
5. After entering a valid portal name, you will see the screen below confirming that you can connect to the network.
6. Navigate to your settings page, and select Internet connection, and then Private Network. After the portal name has been entered, an option to connect with the Global Protect client will show at the bottom.
7. After clicking the plus sign, you will be prompted for a Username and Password. Enter the NetID in for the Username and the NetID password for the Password.
8. After a valid NetID username and password is entered, the connection information will appear along with any warnings.
9. You are now connected through Global Protect