Installing Ansys Student 18.1
1. To install the student version of Ansys 18.1 you must visit http://www.ansys.com/products/academic/ansys-student
How to install Ansys 18.1 on your PC
3. Another section titled ANSYS Student Software Download will appear. There will be a subsection in a green box titled "Current Releases". Within this section click the radio button next to the "ANSYS Student 18.1 download for Windows x64" and then click the blue download button.
4. That will begin the download of a zip file. Extract the contents of this folder to your desired location.
i. Open the extracted folder and run "InstallPreReqs.exe."
ii. After that has finished, run "PreReqCheck.exe." This will open up Command Prompt window and it will ask you to
press any key to continue. After you have pressed a key, the window will close itself.
iii. Now it is time to run "setup.exe." this will begin running the installer.
5. The installer window should pop up and show a license agreement. Click on the radio button next to "I AGREE" and click the arrow button on the right side of the window. Continue following the installer until it is complete.
6. After the installer is complete close the installer window, and you can now run ansys. Ansys will appear as "Workbench 18.1".