How to Remove Study Team Members
Starting October 2nd, 2017, study teams will be able to remove study team personnel studies using a new self-service activity. This new activity, called “Remove Personnel,” will be available to Principal Investigators (PIs) and Points of Contact (POCs) on studies reviewed by the Health Sciences IRBs that are either approved or expired. Since this activity will be self-service, this means study teams will no longer need to submit a personnel change only to remove study team members.
Where Can I Find the “Remove Personnel” Activity?The “Remove Personnel” activity will be listed on the left side of the main study workspace.
How Does the “Remove Personnel” Activity Work?Clicking the “Remove Personnel” activity will cause a pop-up window to appear, with the following reminders:
- If you wish to change the Principal Investigator (PI) for this study, you will need to submit a full change of protocol.
- You can only remove study team members using the “Remove Personnel” activity. If you are replacing them or otherwise adding someone, you will need to submit a personnel change.
- If a removed study team member is still involved in the research, then IRB oversight for their role in the study may be still be required. Contact email@example.com for additional information.
Tips for Using the “Remove Personnel” Activity
- Removing someone using this activity will remove them from all areas of the application.
- If you are using this activity to remove POCs, make sure at least one other POC remains listed in the application.
- This activity can only be used by the PI and POCs for the study.
- This activity is not available for studies determined to be exempt; personnel updates are not required for exempt studies.
- As is the case for personnel changes, no fees will be assessed for using this activity.
- If you have questions about using this activity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.