You may grant access to JIRA users via UDDS number. This way, when a user leaves your department or the University, you will not have to maintain the list of users.
Add a UDDS Number "User" to a JIRA Project
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- JIRA group name (Example: UWKB - Knowledge Base)
- UDDS number(s) to add (Example: udds-a069099)
- Specific JIRA User Role (optional)
The image below shows the JIRA Roles that are available. The most common choice is Project Users (Full).
- From there, JIRA Admins will create a "user" associated with the UDDS number you have provided and then associate it with the JIRA Role of your choice.
Assign a Role to a UDDS Number
- Project Admins can navigate to Project Settings > Roles > View Project Roles.
- Click on Add Users To A Role.
- Enter "udds-" into the Users or groups text box.
- Select your UDDS from all the options in the dropdown menu.
- Select a Role.
- Click on Add to save your changes.