HRS PeopleSoft Client - Installation Instructions
The PeopleSoft client allows HRS developers and report developers to create customizations and reports for the HRS PeopleSoft system. The following are the instructions for installing the PeopleSoft client.
In order to install the HRS PeopleSoft client, you will need to be authorized as an HRS developer or report developer. If you are not authorized, please create a Service Request JIRA ticket and assign it to the HRS Security Team (Team: HRS Security).
If you are planning on using a two-tier connection (directly to the Oracle database), you will need to install the Oracle client. Instructions for installing the Oracle client software are on the following link.
Install Registry EntryThis only needs to be complete once. Please follow this link and follow the instructions in the section titled "Importing Kerberos Registry Settings" to install the correct registry settings.
Map a drive
- Map a drive on your workstation to the HRS file server. This should be a one time thing. The drive will be set to reconnect at login.
- Choose an unused drive letter on your computer. Y: will be used for these instructions.
- Open a command line window with Start | Run and then type in cmd in the Open box and hit OK.
- Type in the following command:
net use z: \\hrsclient.ad.doit.wisc.edu\hrs /savecred /persistent:yes
- You will be prompted for your username and then your password.
- Your username is netid@LOGIN.WISC.EDU. netid is your netid in lowercase. LOGIN.WISC.EDU must be in uppercase. So Bucky Badger's username is bbadger@LOGIN.WISC.EDU
- You password is your Netid password. When you type it in the cursor will not move.
- The drive will be permanently mapped on your computer.
Additional instructions for mapping a drive can be found at the following Help Desk document - SharedDrive (Win) - Connecting to Windows Servers
Install the PeopleSoft Client
- Open up the Z:\hrs folder in Windows Explorer.
- Open up the ClientInstall folder.
- Double-click on the hrinstall.bat file. A "Open File-Security Warning" box will open. Click on Run.
- A black Windows cmd.exe box will open. A "Workstation Installation Complete" message box will appear when the install is complete. Click on OK.
- Peopletools programs are now available under Start | HRS Peoplesoft 9.
Use the client refresh instructions to load updated HRS PeopleSoft environment information. This is only used after the client installation has been performed once. This is intended for users whom need to develop for the HRS project and another PeopleSoft project.
Map a drive to \\hrsclient.ad.doit.wisc.edu\hrs. See the map a drive instructions above.
- Open the ClientInstall folder
- Double click the hrimport.bat file
- Click OK when the Workstation Installation Complete message box is displayed