Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Uploading a Storyline module to WordPress/GrassBlade
This document covers basic information on uploading a Storyline module to WordPress as part of the content authoring solution.
You will need an account on the WordPress instance used with the content authoring solution to upload your Storyline module published with xAPI to. If you need an account on the WordPress site e-mail email@example.com.
Login to the appropriate WordPress/GrassBlade site for your School or College
If you are a School or College learning technology consultant who would like access to, or creation of a new site please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have access :
- Login the Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting Wordpress/GrassBlade site at grassblade.doit.wisc.edu/wp-admin/
- If you only have access to one site, WordPress should direct you to the correct School or Department WordPress site:
- In the upper left click My Sites → Network Admin → Sites. A list of WordPress sites you have access to will display.
- Mouse over the site you want to enter. A list of options will display.
- Mouse over and click Dashboard:
Upload your xAPI Content
- Click xAPI Content on the left menu.
- Click Add New next to xAPI Content.
- Add a title for your module.
- Scroll down to xAPI Content Details. Click Choose File and select the .zip file of your Storyline module.
- Check other options as appropriate for how you plan to use your module. For example:
- Check Completion Tracking if you plan to use completion tracking.
- Add a required Passing Percentage.
- Check Show Results to Users if you want your students to see what score they got.
- Click Publish.
- Click Pages on the left menu.
- Click Add New.
- Add a title for your page along with any text you would like to appear before your module in the rich text editor.
- In the upper right there is an xAPI Content box. Select your module from the drop-down list and click Update. Ignore the message that pops up that says "grassblade.doit.wisc.edu says: You can add the shortcode [grassblade] in the content to change the placement of the content." If you use the shortcode it will break the grade passback.
- Click Publish to publish the page.
- Below the main editing panel you see LTI Information. Copy the LTI Link. You may also want to keep this tab open when you log into Canvas. The LTI link is needed for the next steps in Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Configuring a Canvas assignment to use a Storyline module uploaded to WordPress / GrassBlade :
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Using interactive Storyline modules with WordPress/GrassBlade, Learning Locker, and Canvas
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Publishing a Storyline module with xAPI
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Configuring a Canvas assignment to use a Storyline module uploaded to WordPress / GrassBlade
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Sending a grade from a Storyline module in WordPress to Canvas
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Requesting a report or exporting Storyline data from Learning Locker and working with the data in Excel
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Parsing Storyline xAPI data and answers in GrassBlade and Learning Locker
- Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - CSCR Alternative Tools (UW-Madison)