Office 365 - Only allow Group Members to send message to a Group
By default, when a Microsoft Group is created, anyone with a UW-Madison Office 365 account can send a message/email to the Group. If you want to only allow Group members to send messages/emails to the Group, use the steps below to make this request.
Note: You must be the Group owner to make this request.
- Only allow Members of the Group to send messages to the Group
- If the Group already exists, continue to the next step, otherwise create a Group.
- Email Office 365 Document and Support Team the following group information:
Email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Important: You will receive a confirmation email after the group parameter is modified. It may take up to a day for this setting to be enabled.
If you have a Group that is already set this way and want to change it back, just email our team with the above information.If the link above does not open a new mail message on your computer/device, please send an email manually with the following details:
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Office 365 request - only group members can send to the group (76645)
- Body: include all the information listed above