Creating and Managing Course Space (faculty/staff)
Intro to creating and maintaining course space
CAE will provide shared disk space for students to do group work in courses. The instructor of the course needs to make a request to the CAE Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) to initiate the creation of the space for a course. The request needs to include:
- The Department and Course number (subject and catalog number) of the course. For example, "EMA 469" or "CIV ENGR 576"
- Approximately how many groups will be needed
- Approximately how much disk space will be required per group
Once the space has been initiated, the instructor for the course can then login to my.cae.wisc.edu to manage the space.
After logging in to my.cae.wisc.edu, click on the Groupspace link:
Then, click on the View Coursespaces button:
This page will show all Course Spaces you have been given access to. Click on the link for the course space you wish to manage.
First thing an instructor will want to do, is click on the "Add Groupspace(s)" link to create the number of working groups that will be needed. You will be given a drop down list of 1 through the maximum number of groups that can be created for the course. Select the number needed and then the Submit button:
Next, use the Membership Mgmt link to manage which students are in each group.
On this page, the list of students registered for the course will be shown. To add students to a group:
- click the checkboxes before the students name to select them
- under the student list, select the group to add them to from the dropdown list
- Click the Add selected roster members to groupspace button
If there are others not in the class you need to add to the group (instructors, TAs, etc), the bottom of the page will let you add other people to a group.