UWSC Support - Recommended Computer Operating Systems and Web Browsers for HRS People Tools
This document contains a list of recommended operating systems and internet web browsers for HRS People Tools.
- NOTE: MOBILE DEVICES ARE NOT SUPPORTED OR RECOMMENDED FOR ACCESSING HRS!!!
RECOMMENDED OPERATING SYSTEMS AND HARDWARE
Windows XP is no longer an approved operating system for HRS (People Tools). Use of Windows XP by HRS core users is not recommended due to security issues. It is recommended that users upgrade their operating systems to at least Windows 7 or higher.
Mobile device browsers for Apple iPads, iPhones (any iOS device), Android-based or BlackBerry-based device internet browsers are NOT approved or recommended by Oracle Inc. for the use of Oracle People Tools (HRS).
UW Service Center support staff will NOT provide technical support for users that are accessing HRS via a mobile device.
Component Required Recommended Operating System:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Mac OS X
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OS X
- 56K minimum
- DSL/Cable Modem or faster
PeopleSoft certifies certain web browsers that work with their products. It is imperative that all HRS core users keep their internet browsers up to date with the latest updates from the software vendors in order to maintain proper security while working with HRS modules. If you are working on a home computer, please be sure to update your internet browser software when there are updates from the vendor. A best practice would be to allow your browser to get software updates automatically and let them install automatically.
The previous rules also applies to SFS users.
ORACLE RECOMMENDED BROWSERS AND OPERATING SYSTEMS
Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or greater is strongly recommended. HRS does produce report output in PDF format.
Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016 are approved/recommended by Oracle.
The Safari browser will not work with Report to Window functionality in HRS.
The User Productivity Kit (UPK) player training requires Internet Explorer on Windows.
The Introduction to PeopleSoft software requires Internet Explorer on Windows.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR OTHER UW WEB APPLICATIONS:Related KBs:
- DARS - Recommended Browsers
- SIS / Student Center / Faculty Center - Recommended Browsers
- Document 3210 is unavailable at this time.
- ECMS (ImageNow) - Recommended Browsers
- CBS - Recommended Browsers
- Document 7940 is unavailable at this time.
- Document 13183 is unavailable at this time.
- Course Guide - Recommended Browsers
- NetID - Recommended Browsers
- My UW System Portal - Recommended Browsers
- UW-Madison G Suite - Recommended Browsers