D2L - Creating Dropbox Folders (UW-Madison)
Students can submit assignments in D2L using the dropbox. Dropbox folders are where students submit assignments. You can set up dropbox folders for each of your assignments and set start dates, end dates, and release conditions; and set up special accesss.
- Start by clicking on the Assignments drop-down menu in the navigation bar, and then Dropbox.
- Click on .
- Under Properties tab, you must give your dropbox a Name.
- Choose a Folder Type:
- Indiviual submission folder: Select this option if you want each student to submit their own assignment.
- Group submission folder: Select this option if you want one assignment submitted per group. You must associate the folder with a group category. NOTE: Group dropbox areas are marked on the Folder List page with the Group Submissions for icon. Any group member can submit and view files for a group dropbox.
- To attach a file, click Add a File, then choose the file to add. Click Upload to attach the file.
- To record audio to attach, click Record Audio. Click the Record Button to begin recording, then click Pause when finished. Click Add to attach the audio file.
- For more details on recording audio in D2L, see the instructions included in D2L - How to Create a News Item (UW-Madison)
- Due Date: Creates a soft deadline that files for this dropbox should be turned in by. This will not effect a student's ability to submit to the dropbox, but it will trigger a flag for the instructor when viewing submissions if the file was submitted past the Due Date.
- End Date: Creates a hard deadline that this file needs to be turned in by. Once this date has passed, the dropbox will appear as, "closed" to students and they will not be able to submit files.