Engage - Library View (UW-Madison)
The Unizin Engage tool will be used for the Spring 2018 UW-Madison eText pilot. If you are not participating in the pilot or taking a class in the pilot you will not have access to Engage. For more information on the pilot please see the Educational Innovation web page.
This document describes the Engage Library view for both instructors and students.
Instructors and students have mostly the same view of Engage. Instructors have a few additional features accessible via the gear icon which accesses the faculty tools menu and the View analytics button below each eText.
The menu bar is located across the top of your Engage viewer. To the left is a dropdown menu of each term for which you have materials in your Engage library. To the right of the menu bar are the lightning bolt, search, gear (for instructors), and user initial buttons:
- Select the term to view materials from that term.
- Click on the lightning bolt to view your internet connectivity status and sync data.
- Use the search box to search all of your materials. This search does not include annotations.
- Click on the gear to open the Faculty Tools menu to access Upload Material, Add External Link, Copy Materials and Add a Collection:
- Click on your initials to open the Applications and Help menus:
Under the menu bar is the content library for the term you have selected. Materials are sorted into rows by course. There is a black header for each set of materials that details the subject and course number. The instructor of record is noted at the far right of the row:
The View analytics button is only displayed to instructors. Clicking it will show you more detailed information on which parts of the eText your students are reading. For more information please see Engage - Analytics (UW-Madison)