Tips for Making IRB Review as Smooth as Possible
Click on any stage of the ARROW application review process to see tips for that stage.
STEP 2, if applicable: Scientific Review
- Include a protocol.
- Contact the appropriate scientific review coordinator with any questions– for the PRMC, here; for the ICTR SRC, here.
STEP 3: Administrative Review
STEP 4: IRB Pre-Review
- Describe all study activities in lay language.
- Upload necessary documents – this includes recruitment materials, consent forms, site permissions, questionnaires, surveys, etc.
- Clarify data identifiability – whether coded, de-identified, or anonymous.
- Identify all possible risks associated with study participation.
- Use the informed consent templates.
- Consult with the IRB Reliance Team regarding any multi-site issues.
- Review application and protocol for inconsistencies.
STEP 5: Convened IRB Review
- Respond to IRB requests promptly.
- Track all changes.