Adobe ETLA Creative Cloud Serial Number Expiration on 11/30/2017
On 11/30/2017, UW-Madison's Adobe ETLA serial number (ending in -4921) from the 2013-2016 ETLA will expire. Software installed using that serial number will no longer work. If you've been receiving warnings from your software concerning the impending serial number expiration and/or your Adobe software suddenly stops working on 12/01/2017, you can follow the steps below to get it working again.
- If your computer is supported by local IT staff, contact them.
- If your computer is not supported by local IT staff, and you're managing the software solely for your own use, make the switch to federated login. Federated login is the best way for faculty and staff to install Adobe Creative Cloud applications on any UW- or personally-owned computer. You can begin using federated login by following this procedure: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=69772. The advantages include:
- You'll always have the latest version: updating to the most recent version of the software is very easy, and can be configured to happen automatically.
- You only download and install the software you want, so download times, installation times, and hard drive space consumed are usually less than installing from one of the Adobe software suites on the Campus Software Library (CSL).
- You get access to the online features of Creative Cloud, such as Behance, Typekit, 20GB of online storage, and more.
- You can use federated login to install on both UW- and personally-owned devices. (Always get the approval of your IT support staff before installing software on UW-owned computers.)
- If you're supporting Adobe software for multiple users, these are some options (in no particular order):
- Download and run the Creative Cloud Serializers from the CSL and run on the impacted machine(s). That will replace the old serial number with the new one on installed Adobe apps. It will not update the installed version of the apps.
- You can make your own Serializers with the Creative Cloud Packager (CCP) if you wish. Links to downloads of the CCP are also available on the CSL.
- If you don't have access to the Serializers on the CSL after clicking the Adobe Site License link, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Uninstall Adobe apps and reinstall with new installers downloaded from the CSL.
- Uninstall Adobe apps and switch to federated login for each user. Users must have administrative rights on their computer to install Adobe apps.