Content Authoring Pilot - Configuring a Canvas assignment to use a Captivate or Storyline module uploaded to WordPress / GrassBlade
This document covers configuring a Canvas assignment to use a Captivate or Storyline module you uploaded to WordPress/GrassBlade.
You'll need the LTI Link from the Captivate or Storyline module that you uploaded to WordPress/GrassBlade as outlined in Content Authoring Pilot - Uploading a Storyline or Captivate module to WordPress/GrassBlade .Next you'll add the app to a Canvas Assignment:
- Click on the Assignments tool.
- Add a new assignment, by clicking on the + Assignment button.
- Add an Assignment Name.
- Add how many points you would like to award for the grade and select the Assignment Group and Display Grade as you would like for your course.
- In Submission Type select External Tool.
- In the Enter or find an External Tool URL text window paste the LTI link found in the GrassBlade editing page noted above. You can check Load This Tool In a New Tab if you would like the module to load in a new tab. Keep it unchecked if you want to load it while keeping the Canvas course navigation menu:
- Add the Due, Available from, and Until dates if you'd like to use them.
- Click Save & Publish if you want to make it immediately available to your students or click Save if you plan on making further edits to it in the future. Just remember to publish it once you're ready for your students to use it.
You can also add the assignment in the Modules tool.
- Content Authoring Pilot - Uploading a Storyline or Captivate module to WordPress/GrassBlade
- Case Scenario Critical Reader - Alternative Tools (UW-Madison)
- Content Authoring Pilot - Spring 2018
- Content Authoring Pilot - Pressbooks Analytics
- Content Authoring Pilot - Using Storyline with the content authoring pilot
- Content Authoring Pilot - Using Captivate with the content authoring pilot
- Content Authoring Pilot - Exporting data from Learning Locker and working with the data in Excel
- Content Authoring Pilot - Sending a grade from a Storyline or Captivate module in WordPress to Canvas