Web Hosting - Manifest Group Protections
This KB addresses some fundamental items that need to be in place when using Manifest folders/groups to restrict access to locations on your website.
- Create the Manifest Group: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=25878
- Once the group is created you will need to add the appropriate SAML2 EntityIDs for your web site to the Manifest group per https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=27776
- Ensure that you have populated the group and members have the appropriate privileges: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=25880
- Make note of the full path to your Manifest folder/group that you wish to protect (avoid using spaces in the group naming)
- Specify which location(s) you wish to protect to which group(s) i.e. root of the site, subfolder(s), specific files, etc.
- Email the firstname.lastname@example.org the Manifest path and the locations to protect and we will make the configuration on the server.