WordPress - WordPress UW Theme - Outage Process for WiscWeb Service
This document represents the process that WiscWeb Service team members should follow when there is a suspected or reported outage of the service.
- Contact the NOC (Network Operations Center) at 263-4188 and/or email at email@example.com.
- Identify that the WiscWeb Service is down, and ask them to investigate it as soon as possible.
- Notify Shared Hosting (firstname.lastname@example.org) to update the .wiscweb.wisc.edu domain with updated message for home pages.
- Text Cathy Riley (608/712-3101), also email her and Phil Jochimsen with "URGENT" in the message.
- Send an email to the Help Desk to notify them of the outage: email@example.com
- Subject line for outages: "WiscWeb Outage Confirmed"
- Subject line for slowness: "WiscWeb Performance Issues"
- Mark the email as important
- **Make sure to send a follow-up email to them when the outage has been resolved or the problem has been fixed
- Send Slack message to update entire team to status of outage.
- When determined necessary, Matt Goins will send out a communication to user list (firstname.lastname@example.org) with information regarding outage, and additional information will be sent out as we are able to. NEVER give an ETA on the downtime or when sites will be back up, leave that up to Cathy to determine that communication.
- If Matt's not available, determine who else will send out the communication.
- When service is restored, send out a message notifying email@example.com.