Windows 10 Upgrade Instructions (UWC/EX)
This document explains how to upgrade UWC/EX workstations from Windows 10 to Windows 7.
Configure To perform the upgrade:
- The Windows 10 upgrade is launched from the Software Center.
- To open the software center, click on your start button and browse to Microsoft System Center -> Configuration Manager. Click on Software Center to open.
- Once the Software Center opens you will be presented with a list of available applications.
On the left hand menu, click on Operating Systems.
Click on “UWCX-Workstation – Upgrade to Windows 10”.
At the next screen click on the Install button.
- Verify that you receive the following message. It should state that this is an upgrade and that your current programs and data will be migrated to Windows 10.
Even though data and programs will be migrated, we strongly recommend backing up your local computer before upgrading.
If you have not moved or copied your data and programs to a location other than your local computer, click on "cancel" and contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you want assistance with a backup.
Click on the install button to begin the upgrade. This may take several hours and your computer will reboot several times throughout the process.
When it is complete the computer will come up to a login screen.
Things you will notice following the upgrade:
- Microsoft Edge is set as the default web browser.
- Microsoft Edge is set as the default .pdf viewer.
- Desktop icons have been rearranged.
- The first time a Microsoft Office program is launched in Windows 10, the Office suite will reconfigure itself for the new operating system. This should complete automatically within a few minutes.
If you are experiencing issues or are seeing messages in Windows 10 that you do not understand, please review our Windows 10 upgrade FAQ prior to contacting CITS Client Services for assistance.