Print using the departmental print server
- Navigate to \\engr-dept-print.ad.engr.wisc.edu\ (either through Run or via an explorer window)
- This should prompt you for a username and password to connect, enter "ENGR\caeusername" and your password. Unless this is a shared computer, you should select "Remember my credentials" so that you aren't prompted for your password every time you print.
- Find the printer you are looking to use, right-click and choose "Connect." It may take a few minutes to install the print drivers, but once done you should be able to print.
- Select System Preferences from the dock.
- Select Print & Fax.
- If necessary, Click the lock to make changes located in the lower left corner.
- Select the + icon located below the Printers list.
- In the Add Printer window, select the Advanced tab. If you do not have an Advanced tab, then right click on the gray area next to the other tabs and select Customize Tooblbar. Then from the sub-menu, drag the Advanced tab to the Add Printer window toolbar to join the other tabs.
- Set the Type: to Windows.
- Set the URL: to smb://engr-dept-print.ad.engr.wisc.edu/[printer name].
- Enter an appropriate Name:.
- In the Print Using: field, choose Select Printer Software... and specify the appropriate printer model.
- Select Add.
- The first time you print to this printer, you will be asked to specify your Name: and Password:. Use your CAE username prefaced by ENGR\ (ex: ENGR\username ). Enter your CAE password and select OK.