The most common cause that a session recording is not available is due to the presence of a participant in the session. The transcoding of the recording will not start until all participants are out of the session and it is closed. Sometimes a user may become stuck in the session. This document describes the process to identify whether this may be the cause.
Alternatively, one can simply enter the session to confirm and can forcibly remove participants from the session. This may not be a practical solution when dealing with active user sessions, however.
These are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Blackboard Collaborate SAS: https://sas.elluminate.com/site/internal/home
- Login using the credentials for the source instance.
- Select the Utilities menu option.
- Select the Meetings option from the Session Management section
- Perform a keyword search on the session title (use the '=' option if you know the exact title, '>=' if you know a portion of the name).
- Select the target session and select the Rooms option from the menu.
- Select the target session and select the Attendees option from the menu.
- Affected users may show "Uninitialized" in the Last Leave column (see screenshot)
- You will need to access the session to remove the attendee or instruct the user/campus administrator to do so.
For issues with Collaborate Ultra, please review this document.