1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will
appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to
fix. Use TE - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard for additional guidance.
2. Click on the UW_BN_HSA_AND_MEDICARE query hyperlink in the Workflow Exception Dashboard (WED).
This WED displays a current list of employees who are enrolled into High Deductible
Health Plan (HDHP) enrollment with Medicare information.
This list will be refreshed each evening. (Note: Empl_ID's that appear
as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error.)
4. Click the 'Check to Claim' checkbox next to the person you wish to work with and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
5. Click the BN_PERSON_EFFDT hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
6. The employee's Benefits Personal Data page will be displayed.
7. Please reach out to employee to let them know that being enrolled in Medicare disqualifies them for HDHP/HSA coverage.
a. If the employee is enrolled in Medicare, please work with them IMMEDIATELY to make a non-HDHP enrollment within 30 days of Hire, 30 days of qualifying event, or during the Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period. Follow procedure: Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
b. If the employee responds and confirms they are not enrolled in Medicare, please update the Benefits Personal Data page with Coordination of Benefits information by adding a row (+) to indicate Medicare coverage has ended.
1. Please remove all Medicare information once Medicare coverage has ended.
2. Please effective date the row for date Medicare has ended.
3. Press Save
Note: If the employee has Medicare and if the HDHP/HSA plans are still elected in HRS beyond 30 days of a qualifying event or date of hire, the UWSS Service Operations Benefits Team will remove the HDHP and HSA elections due to the employee being enrolled in Medicare and in HDHP/HSA. The Benefit Administrator will receive a communication if this occurs.
8. Please mark employee as Completed on the WED once changes have been made.