AEFIS - Creating a Survey Template (Admin)
This document describes how to create a survey template in AEFIS. Only AEFIS administrators can create survey templates.
Creating a New Survey Template
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Select Survey Templates under Surveys.
- Click the + Add Survey Template button on the right side of the page.
- Enter a name for your survey template.
- Include your department's name or a standard abbreviation in the survey template title (e.g "English" or "ENG). Remember, students will see your survey name and should be able to quickly identify your department.
- Do not include a specific instructor's name in the survey template title. Instructors will be identified elsewhere in the survey.
- Do not include specific dates or semester information in the survey template title. Using the same survey template across multiple semesters will not only save you work, it will make it easier compare and analyze survey results.
- Select a survey type from the drop down menu.
You will likely use the same survey template across multiple courses and semesters. Consider the following best practices when creating a title for your survey template:
You will not be able to rename your survey after it has been published, so make sure your title is easy to understand and generic enough to apply to multiple courses in your department!
- Student Course Evaluation: This is the most commonly used survey type. Most UW-Madison departments send out midterm and/or final course evaluations to students. Survey responses are anonymous.
- Faculty Course Evaluation: This survey type collects faculty or instructor feedback on particular courses. Surveys are not anonymous.
- General Course Evaluation: This survey can be sent to both students and instructors. They can be anonymous.
- Alumni Survey: This survey is sent to a selected group of alumni and is not anonymous. The list of survey recipients must be uploaded as a .csv file containing first name, last name, and email address.
- External Group Survey: This survey is primarily intended for courses with students who are not enrolled at UW-Madison. Surveys are not anonymous. The list of survey recipients must be uploaded as a .csv file containing first name, last name, and email address.
- Individual Student Assessment
You now have a blank survey template. To begin adding questions, see AEFIS - Creating and Editing Questions (Admin).