AEFIS - Creating and Editing Questions (Admin)
This document describes how to create and edit questions on an AEFIS survey template. You must be an AEFIS administrator in order to edit survey templates.
Survey templates must be in Draft format in order to edit these fields. After a survey template is Published, you will have to create a new survey template in order to make edits. See AEFIS - Creating a Survey Template (Admin)
Edit the Survey Template Design
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Select Survey Templates under Surveys.
- Navigate to the template you want to edit. Confirm that the survey template is in Draft status and select Manage.
- You will be brought to the Survey Template Manager page. Select Template Designer from the left menu bar.
- Select the blue Edit button on the upper right side of the page.
Create a New Survey Question
After navigating to the survey template designer editing page:
- Scroll over or select the three dot icon to expand the section menu.
- Select the + icon to create a new question.
- Select the type of question you would like to create from the left panel of the Add Question box. See AEFIS - Question Types, Settings, and Configurations (Admin and Instructor) for descriptions of each question type.
- Add your question text and, for multiple choice questions, your designated responses.
- If you would like to use this question on future survey templates, click the checkbox to Save to Question Library.
- Use the blue Save button to save the question.
Create a Matrix Question
Course and instructor-type matrix questions function differently than other question types. To create a matrix question:
- Create all of the Multiple Choice or Instructor Multiple Choice questions that you wish to use in the matrix. The questions must have the same answer options to be grouped together.
- Press the gear icon at the bottom left of the first question in the matrix. Select the Configure button located next to the matrix question checkbox.
- A pop-up will appear in which you can add a matrix title and select the Multiple Choice questions that you wish to include in the matrix.
- To remove a matrix, select the gear icon, uncheck the box to the left of Matrix Question, then press the blue check to confirm the change.
Edit or Copy an Existing Survey QuestionYou will see a list of the questions you have created so far on the survey template designer editing page.
- Click on the Question-[Number] button.
- Select Copy to make a make a copy of your question.
- A new dialog box will open with a copy of your question text and options. You can modify your question type, text, or options.
- Save your question. The copy will not be created unless you save.
- Editing will reopen your question dialog box. You can modify your question type, text, or options.
- Remember to save your changes.
- Check the boxes next to your desired options.
- Click the blue check mark button to save.
- To find out more about configuration options, including recommendations, see Question Configuration Options.