Printing Tableau Dashboards and Workbooks
How to Print Tableau Dashboards and Workbooks
Users of UW-Madison's institutional Tableau workbooks may want to print dashboards and workbooks in order to have or share hard copies of tableau content. This KB article explains how to print in Tableau.
To print a Tableau dashboard or workbook:
- Click "Download" from the menu above or below a Tableau dashboard.
- Click "PDF."
- Make optional selections for Layout, Paper Size, and Scaling. Most institutional Tableau workbooks are formatted for landscape and letter.
- To print the active dashboard, select "This Dashboard" from Content. To print the whole workbook, or multiple dashboards, select "Sheets in Workbook." Sheets in highlighted in blue will each be on a separate page. To deselect one or more dashboards, click them to un-highlight them.
- Click Generate to generate the PDF file.
- Click Download to download the PDF file.
- The PDF file will download. Depending on your browser and settings, it may automatically open, it may show as a downloaded file at the bottom or top of the browser, or it may simply download to your default file download location.
- Open the PDF file with your preferred or default PDF viewer and print as you would any PDF document.
If you have questions about this Tableau document, please contact Melissa Chan, Office of Data Management and Analytics Services (ODMAS) at email@example.com.