AEFIS - Creating Survey Metrics (Admin)
This document describes how to add metrics to an AEFIS survey template. You must be an AEFIS administrator to edit survey templates.
All AEFIS course evaluations must contain at least one metric. Metrics are displayed on instructors' AEFIS dashboards as at-a-glance representations of their survey results.
When creating metrics, consider which question or questions on your survey best serve as indicators of instructor performance.
Create AEFIS Metrics
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Select Survey Templates under Surveys.
- Navigate to the template you want to edit. Confirm that the survey template is in Draft status and select Manage.
Select Metrics from the left menu bar.
- Click Edit to launch Survey Metric Designer.
- Select the + Add Metric button from the top of the screen.
- Enter a Metric Name and Description. Use the blue Save button to save your metric shell.
- The Metric Name will be seen by instructors, so enter enter something descriptive such as "Average Instructor Score" or "Instructor Preparedness Rating."
- The Description is an optional field that will only be seen by other administrators. Enter a brief description that will help you identify the purpose of the metric.
- After you create your metric, you can go back and edit the name or description by hovering over the three vertical dots and selecting the Edit Metric icon, represented by a pencil.
- Add questions to your metric by hovering over the three vertical dots and selecting the Add Questions button, represented by horizontal line icon and a plus sign.
- Check the boxes next to the question or questions you want to add, and use the gray + Add button to add them to your metric. All metrics must include at least one question. If you are interested in including multiple questions, see Tips for Adding Multiple Questions to a Metric.