MFA-Duo - Managing Multi-factor Authentication Device Settings
This document will provide instructions for managing device settings for Duo Multi-factor Authentication. The Duo Portal can be used to add and remove devices as well as manage default device settings.
Accessing the Duo Device Management Portal
To access the Duo Device Management Portal, navigate to mynetid.wisc.edu/duo-portal. If you have already set up Duo Multi-factor Authentication, the page will ask you to authenticate with your NetID, password, and complete a multi-factor authentication with a device you have already saved. If you have not set up Duo Multi-factor Authentication, follow the instructions here: MFA-Duo - First Time Setup for Smartphone or Tablet
You can view a list of your currently connected Duo devices in the Duo Portal.
Clicking Device Options presents a list of available options for the device.
- Reactivate Duo Mobile (Smartphone, Tablet): Allows you to complete the setup of Duo Mobile on a device if the app was uninstalled or you received a new smartphone.
- Change Device Name (Smartphone, Tablet): Allows you to change the name.
- Red Trash Icon (Smartphone, Tablet): Allows you to remove the device from your approved devices.
Add Another Device (Recommended)
UW Madison encourages users to add multiple devices in the event that they lose access to a single device.
Allows you to add another device. To add another device, follow the instructions here: MFA-Duo - Adding Additional or Backup Devices.
Default Device Settings
- Default Device: Allows you to pick the default device that you log in with. UW-Madison strongly recommends using your smartphone (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, other smartphone) for this.
- When I log in Allows you to select the default authentication method. UW-Madison strongly recommends you do NOT select 'Automatically send this device a Duo Push'. If you select to automatically send a push to this device, you will not have the opportunity to select 'remember me for 12 hours' during the initial login push.
More on default devices can be found here: MFA-Duo - Setting a Default Login Device