This document provides a cheat sheet for a list of recommended tools to manage your Inbox.
Email Management Strategies
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook 2016 for Windows/MacOS) - Using Inbox Rules
This document will provide instructions on how to use Inbox Rules to direct email flow in Outlook on the web, Outlook 2016 for Windows, and Outlook 2016 for MacOS.
- Use Focused Inbox to help you focus on the emails that matter most to you.
It separates your inbox into two tabs—Focused and Other. Your most important emails are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessible—but out of the way—on the Other tab. You’ll be informed about email flowing to Other, and you can switch between tabs at any time to take a quick look. Learn more.
- Use categories in Outlook on the Web
This document illustrates how to use categories to easily identify and group messages in Outlook on the Web.
- Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - Working with mail/message folders
See Microsoft support article for overview of mail folders.
- Office 365 - Getting Started with Microsoft To-Do
This document explains how to create a to-do list to help you increase your productivity.
- Set aside time to send/read/reply to messages
- Set up meetings for discussions that are better served instead of emails
- Office 365 - Getting Started with Groups
This document explains how to create Groups in Office 365 to help you collaborate with your colleagues when writing documents, creating spreadsheets, working on project plans, scheduling meetings, or sending email.