AEFIS - Excluding Instructors from Questions (Admin)
This document describes how to exclude selected instructors from instructor-type survey questions in AEFIS. You must be an AEFIS administrator to perform these steps.
By default, students must respond to instructor-type questions for all instructors listed in the timetable for their course section. However, in some scenarios, students do not interact with all of the instructors listed for their course section. To address this, AEFIS administrators have the option to exclude instructors from being surveyed.
Setting Up the Survey Template
When creating questions for the Survey Template (AEFIS - Creating and Editing Questions (Admin)), you must use instructor-type questions such as Instructor Multi-Choice or Instructor Text/Memo for all questions that evaluate instructor performance. If this step is missed, you will not be able to perform the rest of the steps described below.
After publishing the Survey Template, you should create and publish a Survey Schedule (AEFIS - Creating a New Survey Schedule (Admin)). This will generate the Survey instance, which can be assigned out by following the instructions below.
Navigating to a Survey
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Under the Surveys header, select Surveys
- The Available Surveys page lists all of the surveys you administer. Find your survey and select Manage on the right side of the page.
You should now be at the home page for your Survey instance. For a full summary of options available on this page, see the vendor's Survey Instance Page guide.
Enabling the Exclude Faculty Option
- Select Settings from the left navigation bar.
- Scroll down to Survey Form Settings and select the box to Enable option to exclude selected faculty from instructor questions types.
- Save your change.
Assigning Course Sections
- Assign course sections as described in AEFIS - Assigning Course Sections to a Survey (Admin).
- After you have assigned your course sections, navigate to the section(s) for which some instructors should not be evaluated. Click the arrow next to the Remove button and select Exclude Faculty.
- Select the name(s) of the instructor(s) you wish to exclude and click the right arrow to exclude them from the survey.
- Click Save and Assign.