JIRA Admins can add a WiscList as a JIRA "user" to receive notifications. JIRA Project Admins may then give a WiscList User specific permissions so it may be selected from issue dropdown menus in fields such as assignee, watcher, reporter, etc.
How to add a WiscList "User" to JIRA
- Email your request to add a WiscList "user" to JIRA Admins via the Help Desk at email@example.com with the following information:
- Full Name:
- WiscList Email:
The image below follows the naming standard used in JIRA for the ADI Support WiscList User:
- JIRA Admins will notify you when the User is created.
- JIRA Project Admins, please follow the instructions here to add the WiscList "User" to a project.
WiscList Owner Best Practices
- Determine that all the list member names and email addresses are current.
- Go into the WiscList Settings and verify that the Posting Security setting is set to "Anyone may post (including non-members)". The image below shows the dropdown menu which defaults to "List members may post". This setting needs to be updated for JIRA to post to the list
- Click the Update button in WiscList to save your changes.
- Finally, notify the list members that they will be receiving email notifications from JIRA.