WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Basic Customization Estimates
We often get requests for estimates on typical customizations in WordPress. This document will provide a general idea of how long it takes to complete some of these basic customizations. Please note that we charge roughly $80/hour for most customizations.
- Color Palette Changes (1 hour)
Swapping out all instances of campus red for one other color
- Logo Swap (1/2 hour)
Removing the UW Crest and adding in a customer logo. This is based on the fact that the logo provided will work well in the header space without further customization.
- Simple Custom Post Type (3-5 hours)
(e.g. Policies and Procedures)
- Large Customization Effort (5 hours)
(e.g. Custom Events section that is outside of today.wisc.edu)
- Pulling in 3rd Party Feeds (2-4 hours)
News feeds can be pulled in via the RSS feed shortcode. This would be something more like a Facebook feed.
- Image Gallery Customizations (1-2 hours)
Changing the way the image gallery looks and/or functions.
- Optimizing imagery for the web (1-3 hours)
Changes to make images appear a specific way in desktop and mobile views.
- Content Strategy (1-5 hours)
A review of content on the site and plans for how to improve usability and design.
- Carousel Customizations (4 hours)
Specific changes to how the hero carousel looks and/or functions.