Help Desk WiscIT Lead Position Description
WiscIT leads work to improve the Help Desk's use of WiscIT, DoIT's Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tool. Students in this position will collaborate with agents, the WiscIT team and Help Desk partners to improve efficiency and our overall level of service. WiscIT leaders will have the opportunity to improve their skills in communication and process design. They will engage in a meaningful way with enterprise level software that is used by hundreds of organizations across the country. WiscIT leads are expected to continue their professional growth at the Help Desk by participating in trainings for new services and by completing HDQA training, if this has not been completed upon hire. This position reports to the WiscIT Product Lead. WiscIT leads will earn $13.75 an hour for all Help Desk hours worked.
50% - Help Desk Operations
- Perform regular Help Desk duties, including Phone, Chat/Email, or HDQA shifts, as appropriate.
30% - WiscIT Management and Administration
- Become a subject matter expert for WiscIT as it pertains to the DoIT Help Desk
- Create, maintain, and improve one-steps, dashboards, and other automations for Help Desk Level 1
- Identify opportunities for and implement improvements to the Help Desk's use of WiscIT
- Engage with customers and partners of the Help Desk to improve our level of service
- Serve as a liaison between Help Desk Level 1 and the WiscIT team
- Manage other WiscIT projects as they arise
15% - Training and Documentation
- Develop WiscIT training regimens for Help Desk agents
- Create and maintain WiscIT related documentation
- Review and correct WiscIT incidents for newly hired Help Desk agents
5% - Professional Development
- Professional development varies by individual. For example, individuals who don't know HTML may use their professional development time to learn or practice this skill.
Required Experience and Skills
- At least 6 months of experience at the Help Desk
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and complete projects.
- Ability to work 15-20 hours per week at the Help Desk. Of these hours, 5-10 must be WiscIT Lead project hours performed during business hours (8-4 Monday through Friday).
- Ability to become HDQA trained within two semesters.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 1 year of experience at the Help Desk
- HDQA Trained
- Experience writing in HTML