The instructions review the steps for staff to set up course and reading lists in Alma, which will should allow students to access their reading lists for classes in canvas or through the courselist site with information on materials availability (provided by alma)
*The user will need both the Alma permissions – Course Reserve Manager and Course Reserve Operator to use the Reading List Application to create courses in Alma.
*** If you just adding Reading Lists or editing them in Alma you only need the Course Reserve Operator.
1. Log in to Alma2. At the top choose "Fulfillment"3. Under Course Reserves, choose "Courses"
4. There is a drop-down menu to filter your search by Course name, Instructor, or Course Code ( = course number). You cannot search or sort by the department. For example, to locate the course "English 156", enter 156 in the Course Code field.
5. Within the results list, find your course entry.
6. Click the ellipses menu (...) on the line for your course. to "Edit" (on the right-hand side of the row).
CAUTION: Clicking in the Code column in the results lists takes you to the Manage Course Information page. DO NOT EDIT anything in the Course Information tab. You may add (optional) Instructor names or notes. If you got to this page inadvertently, click Cancel or the blue Back arrow to return to the result list.
7. To Add or edit the reading list, click on the ellipses menu (...) to select "Reading List"
8. You should now be in a page labeled "Course's Reading List
9. To Add a Reading List:
The citation entry should look like the image below: