AEFIS - Assigning Course Sections to a Survey (Admin)
Each semester, AEFIS administrators must assign course sections to their departmental surveys. Surveys will not be distributed unless they have been assigned to sections.
Navigating to a Survey
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Under the Surveys header, select Surveys
- The Available Surveys page lists all of the surveys you administer. Find your survey and select Manage on the right side of the page.
You should now be at the home page for your Survey instance. For a full summary of options available on this page, see the vendor's Survey Instance Page guide.
Assigning Course Sections
- Select Course Assignments from the left navigation bar of the Survey instance page.
- Click the + Assign button to the right of the course section(s) that should receive the survey.
- A check mark will appear next to the course sections, and the Assign button will switch to saying Remove. At this point, the course section has been successfully assigned to the survey. You do not have to save the page.
Special Circumstances for Course Assignment
If a department has cross-listed course sections or would like to assign a survey for specific course instructors, the course assignment process will differ slightly from the description above.
Assigning Cross-Listed Course Sections
For courses that are cross-listed between two or more departments, only the master department should assign the survey unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Cross-listed sections are denoted by a chain icon to the left of the section name.
- Hover over the chain icon to see what department(s) the course is cross-listed with and to determine the master department.
- If your department is the master department for the course, click on the + Assign button as above.
- If another department has already assigned a survey to your section, you will receive an error message. You can click Yes, Assign Courses to proceed and assign your survey to the course, but note that students will be sent multiple evaluations for the same course.
Note that if you are excluding instructors from a cross-listed course you will need to exclude instructors from the master course and each linked course. Unlike other changes to master courses, instructor exclusions will not trickle down.
Confirming Course Assignment
After assigning course sections to a survey, AEFIS administrators are encouraged to run the Course Survey Assignment Audit to confirm that they haven't missed anything.