EPD - Canvas - Peer Review an Assignment - for Students
To provide and receive peer review feedback for an assignment, follow these instructions.
When assigned a Peer Review, go to the Assignment page and under the Assigned Peer Reviews, click the name of the assigned peer whose work you will be reviewing. For detailed instructions, see How do I submit a peer review to an assignment?
To preview the assignment and annotate feedback on the assignment using DocViewer markup tools, click View Feedback. For detailed instructions, see How do I use DocViewer in Canvas assignments as a student?To view and complete the rubric (if used), click Show Rubric. After completing the rubric, click Save Comment to save the Rubric.To download the assigned peer's assignment, click the name of the assignment.When the peer review is complete, click Save.
Receive Peer Review Feedback on an Assignment
- Peer Reviews are not assigned until after the assignment due date.
- When providing feedback, you cannot see any of the feedback provided by the instructor or other students.
- In order for the peer review to be considered complete, you must provide a summative comment in the comment sidebar.
- If a rubric is attached to the assignment, you must complete both the rubric and provide a summative comment in the comment sidebar.
- An exclamation point next to the name of the assigned peer indicates the peer review is incomplete.
- A check mark next to the name of the assigned peer indicates the peer review is complete.
To view peer and instructor feedback, go to the Assignment page and click Submission Details. For detailed instructions, see Where can I find my peers' feedback for peer reviewed assignments?To view summative comments, see the shaded area on the right of the submission details page.To preview the file and view annotated feedback received on the assignment, click View Feedback.To view the rubric (if used), click Show Rubric.
- The peer review and the instructor feedback will appear in the same place.
- Within the rubric tool, use the drop-down menu to toggle between peer feedback and instructor feedback.
To provide Peer Review feedback on a Discussion Forum post, see How do I submit a peer review to a discussion?
To receive Peer Review feedback on a Discussion Forum post, see Where can I find my peers' feedback for peer reviewed discussions?
Special Instructions for Anonymous Peer Review
If the Peer Review is Anonymous, you will not be able to annotate the file using the DocViewer markup tools. If the Peer Review is Anonymous and you would like to provide annotated feedback on the assignment itself, you can download the file, provide in-line feedback, and then upload the file as an attachment within the Add a comment space.
Peer Review on a Discussion Forum cannot be anonymous.
Review the Peer Review Feedback you provided
In order to review the feedback you have already provided to another learner in the Peer Review, follow the exact same steps you took to provide the peer review feedback the first time.See Provide Peer Review Feedback on an assignment and Provide Peer Review Feedback on a discussion forum post for detailed instructions.