EPD - Canvas - Peer Review an Assignment - for Students
To provide and receive peer review feedback for an assignment, follow these instructions.
Important Note! Canvas won't let you change your rubric ratings once they're saved.
If you've saved a Rubric and want to add feedback, you can leave a comment indicating changes you want to make.
When assigned a Peer Review, go to the Assignment page and under the Assigned Peer Reviews, click the name of the assigned peer whose work you will be reviewing. For detailed instructions, see How do I submit a peer review to an assignment?
To view and complete the rubric (if used), click Show Rubric. After completing the rubric, click Save Comment to save the Rubric.
To download the assigned peer's assignment, click the name of the assignment.
When the peer review is complete, click Save.
Receive Peer Review Feedback on an Assignment
- Peer Reviews are not assigned until after the assignment due date.
- When providing feedback, you cannot see any of the feedback provided by the instructor or other students.
- In order for the peer review to be considered complete, you must provide a summative comment in the comment sidebar.
- If a rubric is attached to the assignment, you must complete both the rubric and provide a summative comment in the comment sidebar.
- An exclamation point next to the name of the assigned peer indicates the peer review is incomplete.
- A check mark next to the name of the assigned peer indicates the peer review is complete.
- Make sure you have time to fill out the rubric completely. Canvas won't let you change your rubric ratings once they're saved. You can leave a summative comment indicating changes you want to make. If the rating factors into the other student's grade, you may want to message your instructor to let them know about the mix-up.
- Media comments and attached file comments display in the same list with text comments.
To view summative comments, see the shaded area on the right of the submission details page.
To preview the file and view annotated feedback received on the assignment, click View Feedback.
To view the rubric (if used), click Show Rubric.
- The peer review and the instructor feedback will appear in the same place.
- Within the rubric tool, use the drop-down menu to toggle between peer feedback and instructor feedback.
Special Instructions for Anonymous Peer Review
If the Peer Review is Anonymous, you will not be able to annotate the file using the DocViewer markup tools. If the Peer Review is Anonymous and you would like to provide annotated feedback on the assignment itself, you can download the file, provide in-line feedback, and then upload the file as an attachment within the Add a comment space.
Peer Review on a Discussion Forum cannot be anonymous.
Review the Peer Review Feedback you provided
In order to review the feedback you have already provided to another learner in the Peer Review, follow the exact same steps you took to provide the peer review feedback the first time.