Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Configure Pressbooks and the Learning Locker Learning Record Store (LRS)
This document describes how Learn@UW or local learning technology staff can configure your Pressbook to connect to the Learning Locker Learning Record Store (LRS).
If you want your interactive Pressbook module to send a grade to the
Canvas gradebook or reports on how students interact with it
you will need to contact your local learning technology support or a Learn@UW staff member (at email@example.com) to configure your Pressbook for this functionality. Once staff have configured your Pressbook they
will let you know you can proceed to the next step as outlined in Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - How to create interactive content in Pressbooks with H5P . School or college learning technology support staff can also contact Learn@UW to request access to Learning Locker in order to support instructors who want to use this solution.
Learn@UW or local learning technology staff: In order to send xAPI statements to Learning Locker, the H5P xAPI plugin needs to be configured for each Pressbook. To do that, you need to copy the endpoint, username and password from the appropriate Learning Locker organization and configure it in the H5P xAPI plugin in Pressbooks.
Copy the xAPI Endpoint, Key, and Secret from the appropriate Learning Locker client
- Login to Learning Locker LRS.
- Click on the University of Wisconsin-Madison organization most appropriate for your School or College. If there is not an organization setup for your School or College please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Learning Locker Organization be setup:
Note that this screenshot will differ from what you see. You will only see organizations for which you have been given access.
- Click on Settings. The settings menu on the left will expand.
- Click on Clients. A list of clients will display.
- Click on the Pressbooks client to expand the information.
the (1) xAPI Endpoint, (2) Key, and (3) Secret values from the Learning Locker
client you want to send the interactive Pressbooks module xAPI statements to:
Paste the values into Pressbooks
- Open another browser or tab.
- Login to Pressbooks.
- Navigate to the book the instructor wants configured. Click Network Admin → Books. Search or scroll to the book that needs to be configured, mouse over it and select Dashboard from the options that appear:
Alternately you can click on the URL of the book and then click on Dashboard in the upper left.
- Click Settings → H5P xAPI in the book's dashboard:
- Paste the xAPI Endpoint in Learning Locker into the (1) xAPI Endpoint URL,
the Key from Learning Locker into (2) xAPI username, and
the Secret from Learning Locker into (3) xAPI password:
- Click the Save Changes button.
- Let the instructor know who contacted you that they can proceed to the next step and create their interactive content in Pressbooks by following the instructions in Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - How to create interactive content in Pressbooks with H5P .