Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Manually pushing a grade from Pressbooks to the Canvas gradebook and setting up auto-sync
This document describes how an instructor can either manually push a grade from Pressbooks to the Canvas gradebook or set up an auto grade sync to the Canvas gradebook every 30 minutes.
Your Pressbooks module(s) must be properly configured as described in the process outlined in Advanced Content Authoring and Reporting - Using Pressbooks to author interactive modules to push grades from a Pressbooks module to the Canvas gradebook.
Manually pushing a grade from Pressbooks to the Canvas gradebook
Log in to Pressbooks: wisc.pb.unizin.org
- From your Pressbook dashboard, click on the chapter of your book that you want to send a grade from.
- Set a Beginning Date and Ending Date of the range of submissions you want to process.
- Select a Grading Scheme you want to use from the drop-down menu. You can choose from Best Attempt, First Attempt, or Last Attempt.
- Enter the H5P id values
you want to include in the grade report back to Canvas. H5P id values
can be found in the rich text editor above and must be
manually entered. Separate multiple H5P ids with a comma.
- Click the Send Grades to LMS button:
- The H5P xAPI Grading window will update and show Grade Sync Response followed by a list of User, Question, Attempt Time, Score, Max Points, and Percent:
Enabling auto-sync to the Canvas gradebook
- If you would like the grades to be sent to Canvas within the specified time period every half-hour, select the checkbox for Auto-Sync enabled:
- Click the Save button to save the Auto-Sync setting.
- If you are not seeing the students you would expect in Step 7 above, double check to see that you have the Beginning Date and Ending Date set correctly. Make sure the end date is set for the day after the last grade you would expect.
- If you have found your auto-grade sync settings did not save, set them again and make sure you click the Save button. Users will sometimes forget this step.