Engineering VPN: PaloAlto GlobalConnect
1. To begin please download and install PaloAlto GlobalProtect from here.
This document contains instructions on how to install and use PaloAlto Global Connect VPN for the college of engineering.
2. Once installed, you will be asked for a portal address. Please choose from the following addresses depending on your account. If necessary, more information on account types can be found here.
|Graduate Students / Staff||engr-full.vpn.wisc.edu
3. Once you have chosen your address enter it into the GlobalProtect Client
4. The client will then prompt you to sign in. Please use your CAE credentials.
5. Once you are connected, a checkmark will be visible and there will be a button to disconnect.
6. In the future (after the first time using GlobalProtect), you will be able to use the drop down menu to choose which VPN you would like to connect to (Full, Split, License, or Collaborator). Please note that you will only be able to connect to the VPN's which you are allowed(see chart above).
If you're trying to install the VPN client on a Mac, please see this article from DoIT : https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=73116