Engineering VPN: PaloAlto GlobalConnect
This document contains instructions on how to install and use PaloAlto Global Connect VPN for the college of engineering.
Please note that there are multiple VPN profiles in the GlobalProtect client. Step 1 will get you started with WiscVPN, but to access the Engineering profiles, you will need to return to this document and add the appropriate CoE profile found in steps 2-6.
1. To begin please download and install PaloAlto GlobalProtect from https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/91915.
2. Once installed, you will be asked for a portal address. Please choose from the following addresses depending on your account. If necessary, more information on account types can be found here.
|Graduate Students / Staff||engr-full.vpn.wisc.edu
3. Once you have chosen your address enter it into the GlobalProtect Client
4. The client will then prompt you to sign in. Please use your CAE credentials.
5. Once you are connected, a checkmark will be visible and there will be a button to disconnect.
6. In the future (after the first time using GlobalProtect), you will be able to use the drop down menu to choose which VPN you would like to connect to (Full, Split, License, or Collaborator). Please note that you will only be able to connect to the VPN's which you are allowed(see chart above).
If you're trying to install the VPN client on a Mac, please see this article from DoIT : https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=73116