Campus Women's Center
Programming ideas or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach needs and collaborations: email@example.com
Childcare or student-parent resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer or internship opportunities: email@example.com
Publicity and advertising: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supportive needs and programming: email@example.com
Financial inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Floor Student Activity Center (Room 4416)
333 East Campus Mall
Madison, WI, 53715
A student organization committed to empowering women in order to strengthen the entire community. This group provides a variety of women-centered support services to educate the campus community on a number of women's issues and to serve as a resource and referral center for all students. The center offers the following specific services and programs:
- Free child care for student parents through the Kid's Time program.
- Peer facilitated support groups which are free and confidential and operate on a drop-by basis. Topics vary semester to semester, but groups in the past have dealt with issues such as body image and eating disorders, bisexuality, single parents, sexual assault, depression and anxiety, etc.
- A Speaker's Bureau that goes to places such as residence halls and sororities to give presentations and lead discussions on issues such as sexual assault and rape, sexual harassment, body image and so on.
- A large lending library of books by and about women, including many of the texts for Women's Studies classes. Books can be checked out for 2 weeks at a time.
- A newsletter that is published approximately twice a semester.
- Resources and referrals about organizations and services both on campus and in the Madison area.
- Diverse, educational and entertaining programming each semester
- workshops, film series, lectures, theater performances, discussions, etc.
- An e-mail list server that provides subscribers with information about events and programs related to women and women's issues happening on campus and in the Madison area.
- Free menstrual supplies and safe sex supplies to anyone that comes into the office.
- A safe place for women to hang out, talk, study, meet others, read magazines or get information.
Please see the Campus Women's Center and Kid's Time brochures for more information.