Kaltura - Installing and configuring Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) app for mobile devices [UW-Madison]
The KMS Go app supports many of the features of the Kaltura MediaSpace desktop site. Users can use it to upload and manage their media. At this time, KMS Go does not allow users to generate embed codes for their media content. More information on the app is available in Kaltura's documentation:
- Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go).
- Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) for Android User Guide
- Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) for iOS User Guide.
To install and configure KMS Go on your mobile device:
- Use your device's app store to search for and install or Kaltura MediaSpace Go. If you have trouble finding it, you can try using these links for Android and iOS devices.
- Open KMS Go on your mobile device.
- Tap the to Enter the URL for Your Site button and enter https://mediaspace.wisc.edu
- KMS Go will load the default screen. Tap the button in the upper right:
- Tap LOGIN:
- Enter your NetID, password and tap Log In on the UW-Madison authentication page:
- You will need to approve the Duo verification you are sent. For more information on Duo see MFA-Duo Overview.
- You are now logged in. The functions available on the home screen:
- Settings: Shows you the app version, options to play media on Wi-Fi only, download media on Wi-Fi only, Upload media on Wi-Fi only, logout, send logs and more.
- User Info / Media: Shows the user currently logged into KMS Go, links to continue watching media you already watched, links to "My Media" and playlists.
- Home: The main home screen - this screen.
- Upload: Upload media to Kaltura MediaSpace you've recorded with your mobile device. For more information see Kaltura - Uploading a video with the MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) app [UW-Madison] .
- Inspire Me: Lets users select available time and finds available public media to view.
- Subscriptions: Displays any channel subscriptions or allows you to find public channels you can subscribe to.
- Explore: Allows you to search publicly available media on the UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace instance.