This document summarizes how to request identity proofing for a higher level of identity assurance for use with your local campus' multi-factor authentication solution.
Please Note: This identity proofing process is specific to UW Madison. If your local campus has its own Multi-factor Authentication you may have additional requirements. For more information click here.
- Log into the UW Digital ID application at http://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/
- Click Request from the left hand menu
- Select the Identity Proofing option
- Verify your email address
- During the COVID-19 social distancing period please either call or chat the DoIT Help Desk to request a remote credentialing session in lieu of an in-person visit to the Walk-In Help Desk. You will need your campus photo ID and a state ID, drivers license, military ID, or passport to verify your identity. If you are a new employee starting since Safer At Home order by Gov. Evers and are thus unable to obtain a WisCard you may use your appointment letter instead of your WisCard for the purpose of verifying affiliation. Please note: You will need a webcam and audio so that your identification can be visible.