This document explains the meaning of the "You are not able to enroll in courses" error message and how to resolve it.
What it means:Only active UW-Madison students who have been set up in the enrollment system as eligible to take classes are able to enroll.
If you are a student, you may see this message if your student status has changed, for example:
- You studied abroad in a program not affiliated with UW-Madison and haven't yet completed the re-entry process.
- You have not been enrolled in classes for a semester or more (also requires the re-entry process).
- You have previously applied to graduate and are now attempting to enroll in a term beyond that anticipated graduation term.
What to do:If you are a student, none of the above applies to you, and you think you should be able to enroll in that term, please contact the Help Desk for assistance: Get Help from DoIT
The Help Desk will gather all necessary information from you and will contact Student Services on your behalf.
If a student contacts the Help Desk because they believe they should be eligible to enroll but can't, please escalate the incident per [Link for document 86921 is unavailable at this time.].
- Course Search & Enroll - Common Issues and Error Messages
- Course Search & Enroll - Save a Course for Later Enrollment
- Course Search & Enroll - Scheduler Tips
- Course Search & Enroll - Permission and Approval for Course Enrollment
- Course Search & Enroll - "You are not able to enroll in courses" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "You do not have a valid appointment" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Deadline to drop class has passed" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Exceeded your credit maximum" or "Minimum credits not met" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Class is closed and wait list is full" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "The hold must be removed before you can enroll" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Instructor consent or department permission is required" Error
- Course Search & Enroll - "Enrollment requisites not met" Error