How to use DUO MFA for your CAE account
Please use a device other than your phone/tablet to set up DUO. This is because you will need to scan a QR code during setup.
Note: If you are going to use a hardware token for both your CAE account and NetID, we recommend activating it for both around the same time, so it doesn't become out of sync for one or the other.
1. Navigate to https://duo.cae.wisc.edu
2. Log in with your CAE account credentials
3. You will need to activate DUO Mult-Factor Authentication for your account. Click on "Enable Engineering DUO for your CAE account"
4. You will now be taken to a page to enable Engineering DUO.
5. You will now be taken to the setup page. If you wish to use a mobile device for authentication, click "Start Setup". If you wish to use a hardware token only, please see the instructions here: https://kb.wisc.edu/cae/page.php?id=88192
6. This is will be similar setting up DUO for your NetID. Select your Mobile Device from the menu and click continue.
7. A. -If you are using a smartphone, enter your phone number, check the box to verify you entered the correct number, and click continue
-Select your phone type and click continue
B. If you are using a tablet, select the type of table and click continue.
8. If you haven't already, Install the DUO Mobile app on your device. Then click "I have Duo Mobile installed"
9. Launch the Duo Mobile app on your mobile device, click the "+" in the upper right, and scan the QR code on the web browser. A new Duo-Protected account should pop up on your device's screen, and a green check mark should appear over the QR code in the web browser. Click Continue
10. You should now see an "Enrollment Successful" screen. Click "Dismiss" You will now be taken back to the Account Management screen.
If you wish to use a token in addition to the mobile app, the instructions can be found here: https://kb.wisc.edu/cae/page.php?id=88192